02 03 Mama Dews Reviews: #BehindTheBlogger It Was The Worst Of Times 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

#BehindTheBlogger It Was The Worst Of Times

34
#BehindTheBlogger It Was The Worst Of Times 

Last week I told you about one the points in my life that was The Best of Times, well, this week I am going to tell you about a time in my life that was The Worst of Times.

Everyone has them, those times that don't go the way we hope they will. Where no matter what we do, or don't do, something always goes wrong. Its life, and it isn't fair, but it is the hand that we are dealt, and if you play your cards right, no matter how bad the hand is, good things can come of it.

My life, hasn't always been easy. It is true that I was adopted by a wonderful family, but there is no denying the chaos that surrounded my teenage years. Part of it was me lashing out because I was trying to find myself, part of it was how I perceived the way my parents felt about me, and part of it was probably just standard teenage rebellion. Suffice it to say, my mom and I didn't really get along, which led to me no longer living at home.

I spent a long while, homeless...walking the streets at night, so that I wouldn't have to sleep on them. Wondering when my next shower would come, my next meal...It was the Worst of Times. My time on the streets exposed me to so much more than I should have been, at that age. I did things that I am not proud of, and I was subjected to things that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy...but so is the life of those on the streets. A lot of the time, it isn't for lack of trying, that keeps you from coming out of it. It is the stigma and stereotype that is attached to the word homeless, that makes people back away when you utter the word.

Do you honestly think people want to hire someone that they think is a druggie, simply because they happen to be homeless? No, they don't...with society believing that the only way someone could be homeless, is if they are on drugs, why would anyone hire someone like that? See, that's one of those ugly stereotypes that has aligned itself with homelessness.

Its not hard to figure out, that no job = no money = continuing to be homeless. And just in case you are sitting there thinking "homeless shelter" Do you have any idea what happens in some of those places? I promise you, you don't want to know. Just keep it in mind, when you pass that homeless person on the streets; you don't know their story, so don't judge.

The thing with the worst times in your life, is that with help, they can get better, and you can grow from the experiences. My help came in the form of my husband, but that is another story ;)

I will say this though, my Worst of Times, made me who I am today...a good wife, a good mother, a good friend. Someone who will bend over backwards to make sure that those I love NEVER have to experience the horrors that I did. So, if that makes me a helicopter parent, or a helicopter wife, or even a helicopter friend...just know, that this is why. It was the Worst of Times, but it led me to the life I have today.



I have been asked several times, if I could go back and change things, would I...and the answer is always No, I don't think I would. Would you? or are you like me, a believer that your experiences, good and bad, have shaped you into the person you are today?



#BehindTheBlogger Sidebar Button


 Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt. These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level.  Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!
Are you a blogger looking to join our future hops? Click here Sign Up Here

Labels:

35 36 37 38