02 03 Mama Dews Reviews: Mama's quick skillet chili #Recipe 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Mama's quick skillet chili #Recipe

34
Mama's Quick Skillet Chili

As most of us know, back to school comes with a whole lot of stress...no more laid back nights, and late mornings. We are back to the school schedule, that includes homework, sports, and dinner at a decent hour. If you are like me, you want to find the easiest way to put a good meal on the table, in the least amount of time...because honestly, who wants to stand over a hot stove, after a long day of work, school, errands, sports, and homework?

I found myself in this situation last week, when I was ready to make dinner, but I didn't want to make tacos for a second night, and I didn't feel like defrosting anything else...after all, I am nearing the end of my second trimester, and the last thing I want to do, is be on my feet for a long time!

I was searching my kitchen, trying to think of something quick and filling, and it hit me...I have a ton of leftover taco meat, two cans of red beans, an onion, a tomato, some tomato paste, and some chili seasoning...quick chili it is!

It was really very simple, and it was a huge hit! I paired it with some cornbread, topped it with shredded cheese, sour cream, and green onions, and my family was satisfied, and I didn't have to do much more than heat everything through...total time to finish the meal? roughly 30 minutes!! Now that's my kind of weeknight meal!


Ingredients:

Leftover Taco meat (its already seasoned!!)
2 cans of red beans w/ liquid
1 diced tomato (or a can, whatever you like)
1 diced onion
a spoonful of tomato paste (I like garlic flavored)
chili seasoning (just to enhance the already seasoned meat)
Louisiana hot sauce (a couple of dashes, depending on what you like)
olive oil 
shredded cheese
finely chopped green onions
sour cream
cornbread mix 


Add a few tsp of olive oil to a deep skillet, add your onions and cook until translucent. Add your tomatoes, and a tsp of tomato paste (I like garlic flavored paste), and stir to combine. Let this cook for a few minutes, then add your taco meat, beans, a few dashes of hot sauce, and your chili seasonings. Stir to combine, then cover, and reduce to a simmer.

While your chili is simmering, set your oven to whatever temp you need for your cornbread, mix your cornbread and pop in in the oven. Your chili will continue to simmer, while your cornbread cooks.

When your cornbread is done, so is your chili!!


Do you have any favorite weeknight meals? What are your go to dinners, during the school year? Share in the comments!!



Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38