02 03 Mama Dews Reviews: #BehindtheBlogger What being empowered means to me 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

#BehindtheBlogger What being empowered means to me

34
#BehindtheBlogger What Being Empowered Means To Me

As a woman, I could say any number of things, about what being empowered is, or could be...some women think that flaunting their naked bodies, all over social media, is empowering. Some women think that being the "bread winner" of the household, is empowering. I for one would never say that this is wrong, but I will say, that it isn't necessarily on the same wave lengths as my thinking.

What being empowered means to me, is being able to make the choice for your own life, that goes against the thinking of everyone else...so for me, that means, making the choice to be a stay at home mother, and wife, off setting my professional life and education to raise my family, and being happy in the fact that while I CHOSE this life, my husband does not EXPECT it of me.

I have had many a feminist tell me that I am setting women back, by allowing myself to be placed in a gender specific role...here's the thing, in our house there is no such thing as gender specific roles, and I didn't allow anything to happen to me. Yes, I made the conscious decision to be the one that stays home to raise the kids, keep house, cook dinner, do homework, etc etc etc, however, my husband takes just as active a role, in doing all those same things. So while it may look like I have taken on the 50's housewife role by force, that is not the case at all.

In addition, once my kids have reached a certain age, I will return to school, tackle a Law Degree, and practice law...again, something that is empowering to me, because it is a choice that I am making for my life, that will not only make it better, but will have a trickle down effect, of making life better for my family!

This is what being empowered means to me...

#BehindTheBlogger Sidebar Button

 Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt. These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level. Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!

Are you a blogger looking to join our future hops? Click here Sign Up Here

Labels:

35 36 37 38