02 03 Mama Dews Reviews: #BehindTheBlogger Love Yourself 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

#BehindTheBlogger Love Yourself

34
#BehindTheBlogger Love Yourself





For as long as I can remember, I have had low self esteem. Most people didn't know it, but I did things growing up, trying to be part of the cool crowd, or catch a certain boys attention, that I should never have done. It took me a long time to ever get to the point where I could say that I loved myself, and even now, there are times when I look in the mirror, and am unsure how I feel about what I see.

I never really wanted to look at what I loved about myself, because truth be told, I didn't think there was anything, but if I really think about it, I guess that what I love most about myself is the way that I worry. I know that probably sounds really strange, but I look at it like this...I worry about people, the way my grandmother worries about her family. It is done out of sheer love. I have often said that I am a helicopter parent, and a helicopter friend, meaning that if you have my heart, you are always within my eyesight, even if you don't think you are.

My ability to love others, is what I love most about myself. It isn't always easy, but if I find that sliver of goodness in someone, and I get to know them, I will love them. I love people that I have never met in person, and some of them are fellow bloggers. I love their spirit, and fight, and good hearts.

So yeah, I love that I love...I am sure there is probably more, but I think it would be better coming from other people that know me. More of a, what we love about you, rather than, what I love about me. It is certainly something that I need to work on, and I have people tell me all the time "Shandi, you have to love yourself first" The thing is, thats not who I am, and no matter how much I try, I always put others first, and its proving to be a hard habit to break...no worries, I will keep trying, and in the meantime, I will do what I do best...LOVE

#BehindTheBlogger Sidebar Button 

Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt. These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level.  Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!
Are you a blogger looking to join our future hops? Sign Up Here!

Labels:

35 36 37 38